There is nothing better on a Hot Summer Day than a cool, refreshing Ice Pop.
Now I know that we can all very easily buy delicious, healthy ice pops in the store (and when I get them on a great sale, I buy them as well), but you just can’t compare to the ones you make at home!! Come on, seriously – the taste of “love” in your food is just something you can’t buy!
After Strawberry Picking I made some Chocolate Pudding Pops and Strawberry Jam and Strawberry Salsa (and last year I made a delicious Strawberry Buttermilk Cake too). But recently I picked up some adorable little Star shaped Ice Molds at Target (for only $1 – can’t beat that, even if I can’t find it on the website to share with you, other companies make ’em too) and they just shouted “make us into ice pops”. So who was I to argue with an ice cube mold!? July 4th is right around the corner – you could make these with some plain yogurt pops AND some blueberry puree/chunk goodness as well for a truly Star-Spangled Pop-Fest!
these Star Pops could not be any easier….
- blend up about 1 cup of strawberries until chunky/smooth
- add about 1/2 cup yogurt (plain or vanilla or Greek)
- taste & add some agave or sugar if you think it needs it
- pour into your molds (paper cups, ice cube tray, pop-mold, whatever) and freeze for about 2 hours
- If you want a stick in it, you need to let it freeze for about 30 minutes and then just gently/carefully add the stick to the mixture
While the pops cool down and get all happy, make sure to get yourself all warm in the sun doing something you enjoy – the refreshing, tasty, sweet, fresh, healthy Strawberry Ice Pop will taste even better!
And I leave you with this, Today’s Question of the Day… What different types of fun shaped pans or molds do you own (& use) on a somewhat regular basis?